Monday, August 20, 2007

A Week I Won't Soon Forget

Last week started out strange with a BSF Leaders' Meeting that was decimated by illness. That meant that the class day would see enlarged ladies' groups. Serene, Jiesi, Sarah Tang, Jasmine and Joshua all missed the meeting with varying illnesses. Christine had to do overtime. I guess the devil loves to see our class struggle.

Anyway, the class day went quite nicely at first. I helped the remaining lady DLs (Sara, Eliza and Irene) to arrange the chairs in their room. Leon lent a hand as there were a lot of chairs to be moved since the host church had the room arranged in a seminar layout, with rows of chairs. Job done, we stood at a window looking out at the Novena landscape. Sara's an architectural student so she had some things to say about the neighbouring buildings. I'm no architect but I made some observations of my own.

At discussion time, I discovered I hadn't brought my BSF file! That meant I didn't have my notes! I quickly went downstairs and got a blank set of notes which I used for the discussion. Thank God the discussion went alright in spite of my blunder!

On Wednesday night, I met my CG for dinner at Holland Village. We ate at the fishhead beehoon place where I had previously had lunch with a friend. I had forgotten how nice the har cheong kai and pai guat wong was over there. Then we moved on to Settlers' Cafe where we played some games. I still don't quite like the concept of paying to play board games.

On Thursday, I went for the opening night of the English Presbytery Missions Conference. The speaker was Dr Patrick Fung, the General Director of OMF. He was born in Hong Kong too! Anyway he gave the first of what proved to be a good series of talks on missions. I'll blog about the talks if you're interested to know what went on.

The conference carried on the next evening. I was really tired as I had woken early that day to drop my sister off at her office for her staff retreat. The message was really refreshing though, shaking me out of my stupor.

Saturday saw the longest conference day. It began at 2:30 in the afternoon and ended 7 hours later. Jasmine finally made it to the conference; my nose began acting up! Haha. Anyway, before I left for the conference, I received an SMS from a friend asking me to pray for her. That was a strange but pleasant surprise since I don't often receive SMSes like that, especially not ones asking for my prayer directly through use of my name. I hope she will make it through the test that she is undergoing right now.

Throughout the conference, I got to True Way Church by MRT. However, I did not take a bus to Dover MRT as I normally do if I am taking the MRT eastwards. I decided to walk to Dover MRT instead. I even walked back from Dover MRT after the talks, which was rather spooky since some parts of the walk took me through rather dark areas.

I know what I'm looking for, but what will I find? Is the answer what I think it is or is it something I didn't expect at the beginning of my search? God knows the answer and I trust in Him to reveal the answer to me in His good time.

There are some details of my week that I didn't mention, but at this time of night, this is the best I can do really. : )

No comments: