Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's Been A Long Time...

Finally, I found the inclination to log in to Blogger and make an update. It's not that I haven't had the time to do it, it's just that I haven't been in the mood to do it. Oh well.

For those who don't already know, I left my job and have been looking for a new one. Leaving my job wasn't something I enjoyed, and that's probably the reason for my silence on Blogger. I mean, I was enjoying my work and the company of the people I met there. Until I find a new job, I probably won't find closure, but I am quite content with how things are right now. It's not complacency, but it's just a result of applying various lessons that I've been learning from BSF; in this case, it's Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through Him (Christ) who gives me strength. That's the secret to contentment, to believe that in Christ, our needs are truly met. The peace of God has also been upon me especially in that first week after I resigned. By God's will, I am being continually reminded about His peace and I truly find that the more I am reminded about His peace, the more I experience it, and the more I am thankful to God.

So, what kind of job am I looking for? Once again I have no particular job in mind. Once again I have just applied for any job that I think I am capable of doing. At the moment, I have been to two interviews, one for a job at CASE and one for an editor position with Marshall Cavendish. I've also got an interview coming up on Friday for the position of broadcast journalist for sport with Mediacorp Radio. I actually had to do a voice audition and written test before I was given an interview for this position. It was really strange to be in the studio, with a pair of headphones on, reading into a microphone. May God's will be done, that I might find a job which would not be a hindrance to the ministries I am currently committed to.

BSF has been really good, not just in terms of the lessons I have been learning, but also in terms of the leading of my group and the weekly contact I have been having with my group members. It's been really nice getting to know the guys in my group, and I hope that many, if not all of them will continue with BSF, all the way into next year. BSF has also been good in terms of the interaction I've had with my fellow leaders. Even though we began training back in May, I can't say that I know all of them, but it's been interesting to get to know a few of them over the last few weeks. Hopefully we'll be more of a team rather than a collection of leaders over the next few weeks.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. I've been pretty alright financially, thanks to my two month's worth of salary which I was paid for my 4 weeks of work. Also, I just received my class fees for the Thai class that I've been teaching. Oh, I forgot to mention that while I am looking for work, I will be taking up a temp job with a school. It involves the writing of student testimonials. My BSF Teaching Leader told me about it, and I thought it would be good to have something to do in the meantime while I am looking for work. In a way it's another blessing which has come about through my commitment to serve in BSF.

I sort of showed my hand a few weeks back. I didn't mean to but since I've done it, I just have to see if anything comes of it. At least I've got a lunch appointment fixed for whenever she's available, which won't be long in coming. Whee!

I'm rarely noted for creativity, so it was nice to come up with a book-letter or letter-book for the package for Michelle project. It's was doubly nice considering I had to come up with it quickly as I had little time to do it. But I'm glad I came up with it, putting my mind to work, and using whatever was at hand.

Oh, if you don't yet know, I am on Friendster and Facebook, though I really spend more time on the latter. You'll probably find it odd that I have adopted a virtual pet on Facebook, a cat which I named Miki. It's an application called Fluff Friends and you and others can pet and feed your pet. The funny thing is that through this application, I have been reading other users' pages. These are users I don't know, but who have pet or fed Miki. It's quite an eye opener really.

I've been playing soccer again. Most of the weeks I've been playing in an attacking position, though really I've just been taking the opportunity to go forward and take shots. I scored a nice goal one week, where one moment I was defending a corner, at the edge of my penalty area, and the next moment I was dribbling upfield enroute to scoring a goal. I was extremely pleased with this goal, not for scoring it, but for the instinct I displayed in reading where the corner kick was going to be played and moving to intercept the ball when it was between two opponents, with each of them too far away to stop me.

This past week I was compelled to play with more of my defensive mojo, something I haven't had to do for a while. I'm happy that I can still tackle accurately and close down opponents effectively. I do hope that I won't have to play this way too much over the next few soccer sessions.

In pool, I've freed myself from the need to wear a glove. It's not that my hands don't get sticky, it's just that I've been able to get used to playing without a glove, after I played a few times when I had forgotten to bring the glove. Now when I put a glove on, it just doen't feel quite right.

The God of Abraham is our God too.

No comments: