I turned 29 over the weekend. Somehow 29 sounds old but I don't really feel that old. That is, not till I attempt any serious physical activity. Ha.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who played a part in making my birthday a happy one, from my CG which had a pre-birthday celebration on the 20th, to my colleagues, who wished me happy birthday in advance on the 22nd, to my university friends with whom I went out on the night of the 22nd to the wee hours of the 23rd, to my church friends with whom I had lunch on the 23rd and dinner on the 24th, and of course, my family with whom I had breakfast and dinner on the 23rd. Also, thank you to everyone who remembered and who took the time to tell me you remembered.
Contrary to what you might think, I didn't overeat over the weekend. Dinner on the 22nd was at No Signboard Seafood Restaurant at Vivocity. The highlight was the white pepper crab, though I was really looking for black pepper crab. I was in a jazz bar as the clock ticked over to the 23rd, which was sort of nice I suppose. In the morning, I was at home when mum presented to me the birthday cake she had baked. It was a lemon butter cake with lemon glazing (it's all gone now. Then we went to West Coast Mac's for breakfast, where I had a sausage mcmuffin. Lunch was Vietnamese noodles at Pho Hoa in Holland Village with Jasmine. That was nice. Then it was dinner at Tony Roma's with mum and sis. I had a rack of ribs, which isn't as large as it sounds.
The next day, I was feeling a little fluey. Thus I went home after the 7:30 service to rest, before returning to church for English class. My birthday was celebrated at Thai dinner, along with those of Khamjan and Samakkee. I couldn't eat with them though, as I had already arranged to meet Nat, Luke and Jared for dinner. So it was that I went with them to Al Ameen where we had tandoori chicken, mutton vindaloo, and some vegetable curry. I had two pratas before all that so this was probably the one meal where I ate too much.
Before English class, I played Puerto Rico for the first time in a long while with Nat, Luke and Jared. I was not taken seriously by my opponents who spent the game focused on what each other was doing. In the end, I managed to win comfortably on my simple strategy of building big. Haha.
Thanks again to everyone who made my birthday a special one. As I complete 29 years, I look back on my life and I thank God for all that he has done for me, and how he brought me from another island to another island to where I am now, all the way to this desk from where I am blogging.
I wonder if I should show my hand. How much longer should I wait if indeed I should wait?
Anyway, I know what it is like to lose, and while I still don't quite like it, it wouldn't be the end of the world. (the suppressed pessimist within me speaking)
I'm not old, just older.
No comments:
Post a Comment