Down with gastric flu. As a result, I will have to give the Champions' League Final a miss so I can get some rest. I suppose if I can't sleep I will end up watching it, but at this moment it doesn't look likely.
Sometimes when I'm ill, I start thinking. In my thought processes, I might extrapolate events and not know what to think after that. For example, a thought process may come to - What if next year she may have to go overseas for nine months? Does that matter? Will it make or break things? Then I think - Wait a minute, you're thinking too far ahead. You still have something important to find out, and you won't really know till October if there's any chance you'll have to think about next year. As a result, I get really tired.
That's the fascinating thing about the will of God. As much as you'd like to know what God's will is, you know you can't have it revealed all at once.
Today, I self medicated and had a relatively busy day. In the morning, I went to meet some of my classmates from SBC for breakfast. They have of course graduated and will be returning home. It was good to see them again, though they all came late thanks to a traffic jam on Braddell Road caused by an accident.
After that, I went home. Mum suggested that we could go on a short holiday next week, and so we ended up booking a 3 day trip to Bintan. I also called up one of my insurance agents about a policy of mine and made an appointment with her for Saturday afternoon to discuss upgrading my policy.
No time for a nap! Went out with mum to make payment for the Bintan trip, then it was on to a financial planning talk organised by DBS at the Four Seasons Hotel. The speaker was a lawyer who was introducing the audience to wills and trusts. Looking at the speaker's bio, I realised she was a year younger than me! Suddenly it didn't matter that she was a senior associate at the law firm where she was working, her talk felt just like a presentation for a university course. Oh well, I guess I can't fault her for being young. I guess the older members of the audience certainly didn't take her age into account.
I don't know how my life is going to turn out, and there are times I wonder why things couldn't be simpler. But as a friend said to me, if it's meant to be, it will happen. I still believe that, or at least I think I do.
Ugh. My mind is a blank. Darn gastric flu.
No comments:
Post a Comment