Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dad And Me

I finally found out how to enable the title field.

Anyway, I thought I should say something about dad and me. In all honesty, I wasn't as close to dad as my sister was. That's probably why my eulogy didn't say much about dad as a person.

The thing is, or was, I always felt that I could never escape my father's shadow. He was so good at what he did, he was loved for his cheerful nature, his sense of humour, his helpfulness, and for his resourcefulness. I strove to excel in life too, but in my own way, because I wanted to be known for who I was.

But in spite of what I tried to do, I now realise that the more I wanted to get out from under dad's shadow, the more I could not deny that I am who I am because of who he was. For I too possess the same traits listed above, though probably not in the same magnitude. I am indeed the son of my father and now I can only hope to do as well as he did.

Daddy, I hope you will approve of me when we meet again.

No comments: