Just rambling to keep awake; for some reason I feel so tired today.
Do opposites attract?
This question was rolling through my mind over the past few days. Do I have an answer yet? No. All I have is anecdotal evidence, like someone who said to someone else, "It won't work because we're too alike." Hee...
I guess there is no real answer, though I am leaning towards the position which says a mix of similarity and differences is best. In the end, that's probably really how people find the one who's meant for them. Nobody wants to marry themselves, and it would be pretty difficult to live with someone who is the chalk to your cheese.
What do you think?
2 comments:
yah i agree. there must be some element of similarity so that there is some form of connection on some level. Important and essential values in particular, need to be the same. A common belief in God, views on upbringing, etc. Even your perspectives of money will be a source of contention in time to come.
At the same time, no 2 people can be the same. There will be differences. There should be. Cos i think couples should complement each other to make up for the strengths and weaknesses between them. However, that saying, they should not be too drastically different as well. my 4 cents worth=)
Well said...
A stable foundation (values built over the foundation of Christ) is so important if a union is going to be a lasting one.
It's great to find the man or woman is your complement. Of course it's better if that person is the one in God's plan for you. ^_^
Thanks for your 4 cents!
Post a Comment