As predicted, the 24 hours since my last post were pretty tiring. But just like the 24 hours described in my last post, they were tiring but enjoyable.
Didn't sleep till 3 on Saturday night as I was thinking about something I had been told earlier that night. It was something unsettling but I decided that God will sort things out and I have to trust Him to do what is best for me.
And so it was that I got up 5 hours later to get ready for church. At church, I taught my Sunday School lesson then went down to get set up for the 11:30 service. Services were running late so it wasn't till 11:15 that I could get into the chapel. That was unsettling too but thank God, we got started on time. At the time the service started, it seemed to me that there were so little people there. So I said, "It doesn't matter how many of us are here, what matters is the condition of the hearts of those who are here." And so we began. I felt a little nervous but I managed to get through the initial parts of the service. Come the worship segment, and I tried my best and I am sure the band did their best too. Come the scripture reading, and I realised that the designated scripture reader wasn't there! So I ended up having to read the passage which included a number of Hebrew names.
One hour and thirty five minutes after it started, the service finished. I was so relieved. Thank you Lord!
After the service ended, I went to say hello to Jasmine. It's been a while since we communicated in any form so I just thought I should see how she's been. We had a nice short conversation then proceeded to lunch with Michelle and Hannah.
That car ride to Jelita was the first time I've been driven by Michelle. The last time I drove Michelle, I had my accident. As Michelle drives a lot more conservatively (and I mean a lot more conservatively) we got to Jelita unscathed.
Lunch was at O'Briens, the Irish sandwich bar. I had a club sandwich which wasn't that bad. Don't think I'll be eating there again for a while though. It's a little too expensive given that it's just a sandwich bar.
Someone asked me whether I can stand a girl who's a whiny mood. I said that I can, but it depends on which girl is whining. Haha.
After lunch, we had a walk around Cold Storage. It was pretty cold though I felt pretty comfortable in my long sleeved shirt and dress pants. Then it was back home for a short nap before I went back to church for English class.
Class was alright; there were some newcomers so I tested them before assigning them to their levels. While the classes were going on, I went over the short sharing that I would be giving at the 8pm service. When I was looking over the bulletin, Joy said to me in Thai, "You will be praying to bless the church". I said, "Ok" thinking she was asking me to pray for the church. Then as I examined the bulletin a little more closely, I realised I would be giving the benediction at the end of the service! I was absolutely shocked. I wondered what benediction I would give and in the end I decided that I would just give the benediction from 2 Corinthians 13. I thought of giving it in Thai but decided against it.
The Thai Service went alright. I felt a little awkward giving the benediction but I honestly meant it as a blessing for the Thai church and the members.
And so another long Sunday came to an end. Days like these really take their toll on me. Today I've been dogged by a cold. I've been sneezing all day and my nose has been running non-stop. What a drag.
I know I have great friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment