Post number 150!
Yesterday at Field Education Hour (a time where outside speakers come to tell us abt the ministry they are involved in), the speaker was Elder Jeffrey Goh. He had come to talk to us about how to advise couples who are intending to get married.
When I saw him standing at the front of the hall, I thought he looked a little familiar. It was not till he introduced himself that I remembered who he was. Some of you may know who he is based on the following: He served in the Singapore Armed Forces for a long time. He is empowered to solemnise marriages. He serves with World Teach. Still stumped? His wife is 10 years younger! If at this point you don't know who he is, I don't know what else to say. ^_^
Anyway, in the course of his talk, he began talking about the ideal age gap between a husband and wife. He said it's two to three years, but then he mentioned his own marriage which brought much laughter to us when he described how he first noticed his prospective wife when she was 17!
I used to think a ten year gap was ridiculous. In some respects, I still do. Of course, given time, a ten year gap becomes less of a problem as the couple continues to grow and mature individually. I guess that's fine if that's the case.
For me, I think a two year gap is just right, though there was a time when even two years was too big a gap for me! Haha!
Here's to another 150 posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment