Woohoo, back to school after the mid semester break. For a short while I couldn't quite remember where I was supposed to go for class! Haha.
How strange it seems that I was off for a week and didn't have the time or inclination to blog. But I guess that's not a problem unique to me. Anyway, the chairing that I had practiced for went alright. However, the night before, I felt rather chilly, as if I was having a fever. Thus, the next day, I felt a little unsteady standing up at the podium. Thank God I didn't topple or trip. ^_^
Break was alright although most of my mornings were taken up as I went with mum to bring dad for radiotherapy. Dad seems to be doing alright at the moment which is comforting to me.
Some highlights of the week: I had my first video conversation on MSN. It was with Esther and it was quite fun although the video and audio were out of phase. Later in the week, I had my second video conversation on MSN. This time, it was with my aunt and cousins in England! I had emailed them and told them that I now have a webcam and a microphone and they said we should meet up online. It was nice to see them again. Thanks again, Esther, for the webcam.
On Friday, I played pool with Luke. He had SMSed me and asked if I was ready for defeat. Accepting his challenge, I blew him away with some efficient play which frustrated his attempts to gain footholds in the racks. I was making some shots that I don't normally make, like long straight shots where the cue ball is close to or on the rail.
More pool on Sunday night. It was supposed to be a short session, but Nat, Luke and I ended up playing for more than 3 hours! We played 8-ball first; I lost just one rack out of seven or eight racks. Switching to 9-ball, I managed to win two-thirds of the racks. This was quite a feat considering I don't normally do so well in 9-ball. Anyway, the last two racks went my way, and I won them using a bank shot and a 6-9 combination. What a way to win!
Thai mission trip to Northeast Thailand will be held from 2nd to 10th June 2006. Anyone interested?
No comments:
Post a Comment