Thursday, March 30, 2006

Another week goes by... how quickly time flies...

SBC won the sports tournament that we held together with TTC and EAST. We won at soccer and table tennis on the first day and our second day performances were just enough to ensure we finished atop the points table.

I played my part helping our soccer team to 2 wins, 4-2 over TTC and 5-2 over EAST. What was unusual about these games was that I played goalkeeper. Now, if you've ever played goalie on a hard court without wearing protective padding, you will know that it is a real ordeal. But I'm used to tumbling so I didn't have too many problems. The one problem I had was trying to get my defenders to line up properly and mark their opponents. A goalkeeper is only as good as the teammates in front of him. If his teammates part like the Red Sea, the goalkeeper will have to dive all over the place which isn't the best thing to do on a hard court.

Anyway, the games were tight at the beginning; we led TTC 1-0 and EAST 2-1 at halftime. The second half was a different story; against TTC we scored 3 quick goals and against EAST we scored 4 quick goals. With the game out of reach of our opponents, our defenders fell asleep and we let in 2 goals in the last two minutes against TTC and 1 goal in the last minute against EAST. Oh well. We are the champions!!!

Ever heard of the Calvinist-Arminian debate? It's actually quite pointless but if you want to believe in either doctrine, don't quarrel with someone who believes in the other doctrine. It's not worth it, believe me.

Just now I was wondering how Esther is doing at her missions conference in Hong Kong. I decided to send her an SMS, not knowing if she had her handphone with her. To my surprise, a few minutes after I sent the SMS, I received an international call! It was Esther! I'm glad she's doing alright and that she's learning many things over in Hong Kong.

Celebrating Mum's birthday right now. Thai food and pizza! Whee!

No comments: