Thursday, November 24, 2005

Vacation has started and still I don't blog often. I guess I've been busy or tired or both!

Helped Renee move out to her new place on Tuesday night. I think that's why my muscles are a little sore. Now it probably wasn't because of the things I had to carry, but rather because of the ride in the van to Kovan. The van was already crammed with Renee's belongings so Nat and me had to squeeze. On top of that, Renee's friend took a longer route than necessary!

Arriving in Kovan, I was astounded by the size of the house that Renee would be bunking at. It's a 3 storey edifice with a basement. We were given a tour of the place, all 4 floors. The only bad thing is that it's sometimes used for Buddhist retreats. Monks will come and chant and pray. When we entered the house, chanting could be heard from inside the house. But there were no monks, only a tiny audio device that plays preset chants!

After moving, me and Nat went to play some pool at Bukit Timah Plaza. I played some pretty good pool enroute to winning all 6 racks played. It's been a long time since I blanked an opponent. Moreover, I've never blanked Nat before. I guess I just took my chances when they came.

Yesterday, I went down to church to settle some mission trip things. Saw Karen there. She seems so enthused about going on the mission trip. I wish I was as enthused. As the trip draws nearer, I am feeling a little nervous.

So she's attached. I am not surprised at all! Hee!

My Hong Kong friend flew to the Philippines on Tuesday to begin her 2 year term as a lay missionary. I hope she's doing alright. Time to get Skype.

Time's slipping away!

No comments: