What a tiring few days it has been since I last posted. On Sunday I was so tired that I had difficulty standing up. Went to church as usual, sermon left me wondering what exactly is the proper way to read God's Word. Anyway it was a surprise to me when I saw Eric's name on the bulletin.
After that, went upstairs to give a brief exhortation at the Sunday School worship. My class was leading the worship for their last time in Sunday School. Looking around the worship room, I saw many expressionless faces among the sea of students. It suddenly struck me that joy had become a limited commodity in the lives of these young Christians. When I was in Sunday School, some songleaders would tell us to smile when we sang, especially if we were singing 'happy' songs.
So where has joy gone to? I hope I'm not being unduly worried.
After worship, Ben was teaching so I went down to the office to finish off the mission trip accounts and budget. Printed them out then rushed upstairs to pass them to the mission board chairman. Then it was back to the office for Thai class with Christina, then lunch, then off to Orchard road to pick up the two copies of Side by Side 4 that I had ordered.
Got the books, then went to the bus stop behind Orchard MRT. I was feeling so tired that I thought to myself, "If 7 comes before 77 or 174, I'm going home to sleep." 7 duly came and I went home to take a nap. I felt better after that and went back to church for English class.
On Monday, went to NUH for my flu jab. The vaccination nurse remembered me even though I was wearing my glasses. I was impressed as the last time I had gone there was in April for the booster shot for my Hep A jab. Anyway, it was nice hanging around the clinic with Robert, Crystal and Doreen. Robert gave me a lift home after dropping Doreen at the Central Library building. Passing through NUS brought back some fond memories of what my days in NUS were like.
Tuesday was spent studying for my Hebrew exam. I was feeling tired again and was forced to take a nap.
Come Wednesday, went to school for the exam. As our lecturer was not around, he asked his wife to give us the exam papers. My anadeia classmate asked her if we could take our exams in the library and permission was granted.
Came home after the exam and had lunch. Then it was off to Clementi with mum to do some grocery shopping. Driving in the midday sun is no fun. It was so hot and the aircon didn't seem to be working. After that, went to church to see Joy before going home. Later on, picked dad up from work. On the way home, it began to rain heavily. As a result, when we got home and got out of the car, I got a little wet.
As mentioned before, rain is my kryptonite. I had just finished watching Australia qualify for the football World Cup when I thought I'd take a short rest before watching CSI:Miami. Lo and behold, when I opened my eyes, it was 11:15! Ended up sleeping early as I didn't have much energy to stay awake.
Just had my lunch. I had hot dogs which I made myself. Silly me made relish forgetting that I needed pickles. Put chopped onions in by mistake when they should have been kept separate from the mustard. About the mustard, it was the wrong type. It was more like wasabi than the mustard typically found on hot dogs. Still, my strange relish hot dog wasn't too bad. I call it the Weepy Dog as I found myself tearing from the hot mustard.
That reminds me of something. Sometimes we wonder why we're made in a certain way. We wonder why we couldn't be different, why we weren't perfect.
Some try to make themselves perfect. Of those who do, things don't necessarily get better. Sometimes it's better to accept what we've been given.
Why? Because we are all made in the image of God, and the image of God is perfect, though we don't really know what God's image looks like.
It's a muggy day outside. Think I'll take a walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment