Saturday, October 08, 2005

Running, running, fast as we can, didn't think we'd make it...

Where do I begin? Today was a good day. Fixed my wardrobe that wouldn't close properly. Even better, I have rearranged everything inside it so that all my clothes are where they should be.

Yesterday was a long day. In the morning, I rushed out my project for CE 501. I could do that as the two lecturers who take my classes before lunch were not around for different reasons. Went to school at lunchtime for SMF prayer and CE 501. Class was fun as we were made to produce a "movie" using Photostory. Everyone else did a story-type movie while I got our group to do a documentary. It was really silly but entertaining.

After class, it was time for soccer. The weather was great though at the beginning, the sun was scorchingly hot. It really sapped the strength of those who played from the start.

How do you know you're playing great defense? Well, for starters, the striker will be fouling you and not the other way round. I was playing great covering defense (shadowing strikers and preventing quick attacks) to the extent that one of my opponents was resorting to some physical but illegal tactics. I didn't mind as I knew I was doing my job well.

In the end, my team won 4-1 as we managed to camp in our opponents' half for the whole game. When the opposing team won possession and tried to bring the ball into our half, we played swarming defense and won the ball. When they tried to put the ball into space for their strikers to chase, the two of us who were defending would close the space down and shepherd the ball out of play.

Rushed home to get changed for the TTC Anniversary dinner at the Mandarin Hotel. Took a cab there and found my way to the Grand Ballroom. It was quite nice. The funny thing was our table was right in the middle of the hall, as if we were some important guests. I was pretty tired from playing soccer but I managed to last the course.

Came home but instead of sleeping, I played some games on the computer. When I finished at around 1 am, I found that Esther from Hong Kong had messaged me on MSN. As she was still online, I said hello and we began to chat. By the time we finished, it was 2. It was nice to catch up with her as she's been quite busy over the past few weeks.

Any Chinese doctor out there? I wonder if I'm hot or cold. Haha.

No comments: