Saturday, September 24, 2005

Soccer yesterday was fun. Apart from an injured toe that is.

It's always more fun when you introduce a little competition into a soccer session. How did we do that? Well, it was M. Div. vs B. Th.! That's Master of Divinity vs Bachelor of Theology. The teams were surprisingly well balanced.

Within minutes, M. Div. takes the lead. A little while later, I break up an attack on halfway and shoot from distance to make it 2-0. Soon, M. Div. is 3-o up. Then B. Th. pulls one back, then another, and another to make it 3-3. M. Div.'s lead is restored before I blast in a kick-in from near halfway to make it 5-3. Some casual defending allows B. Th. to draw level. But by that time, M. Div. has taken control of the match and adds another 4 goals to win 9-5. I score one of the goals from a free kick to complete my hat-trick.

The second session goes according to the same pattern, with M. Div. running out 5-1 winners.

B. Th. regained some pride by winning the 5 minute end of session 'golden-goal' match with a thunderbolt from No Thoo.

My all-round game was on show, with goals, tackles, accurate long passes AND short passing with body feints! Short passes with body feints are not usually part of my resume as I'm a destroyer-type player. But it was fun as I appeared to be moving or passing to my right when I was actually going to pass left. I was making no-look passes to the feet of my strikers! Haha.

Today was rather uneventful. Went to church to meet with Rev. Yap. Then I helped Esther Lim to sort out the Youth Department's Sunday School T-shirts. Then it was back home for lunch and a siesta. Dinner at Clementi with family then back home. Ho hum.

Chairing service tomorrow! Owing to my injured toe, I won't go for the 7:30 service.

Bumped into my JC classmate while in Clementi. Those were the days...

No comments: