Soccer overdose!
170 minutes in two days. 100 of those on a hard surface, 70 on grass. But it was great fun.
In school yesterday, joined up with the guys in school after a break of two weeks. Once again, I found myself forced to play deeper in my own half so as to keep the pressure off my back line. But it worked as we only conceded two more goals for the final hour of play.
This time though, I played a lot more long balls forward. I'm typically known as a good defensive player, if not the best in our team at cover-defending. But so far, I have not really shown how accurately I can send the ball forward.
The highlight for me was a ball that I put in from a kick-in along the right touchline. I put a curling ball in which No Thoo trapped in the air and fired into the goal. What a beautifully executed move.
Today on grass, I didn't do too much but I did have some fun marshalling opposing attackers as they came forward. Surprisingly, I managed to put in some strong runs forward with the ball.
Fortunately I have had enough rest over the last 36 hours.
I missed a chance on Friday. Hope I get one on Monday. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment