Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Yesterday some of us SBC people celebrated Dennis' birthday (Dennis is a classmate of mine). We surprised him at Marche at the Heeren. Dinner was quite fun. Some funny conversations went on. After dinner, we thought we would go bowling and play pool. Actually, we were just planning to play pool but someone suggested bowling. I was like "Uh, the nearest bowling is at Marina South" but someone said there was one at Cineleisure. I was pretty sure that was wrong but we went there anyway since there's pool there too.

I knew something was wrong when the lift refused to go to the 9th floor where the bowling alley was supposed to be. Anyway we got out at the 8th floor and found out that the bowling alley had closed down. Some of us thought we would call it a night but we decided to play pool instead.

Pool was pretty fun. It's true, when I play on an 8 foot table I make some silly mistakes. Especially when the table is fast. (I like playing on slow 9 foot tables). I played doubles, teaming with Loliro against Dennis and Akshay. Loliro was playing for the second time so I did my best to give her some pointers. She did pretty well, managing to shoot straight. Thanks to a foul by Dennis, she was even presented with the chance to win the rack by sinking the 8. She made it!

Eventually, I got into a rhythm and made two nice closing shots. One was a acute reverse cut on the black to the corner pocket, the kind that you have to take slow and thin. The other was the last shot of the night on my table. I ran out of position of the black. Dennis figured he would get another chance. To his disgust, I banked it to the middle pocket. I raised my cue in the air in celebration!

It was cool to go out on the town like we did yesterday. Hope we can do it again sometime.

No comments: