What a long day...
I haven't blogged for a few days but I don't really remember there being much to blog about. I must be getting old or my life is boring. Ha.
Anyway, I had a really restful Saturday. Good for me cos Sunday was really really tiring. Started out alright at service; Dr Violet James was the speaker. Jasmine and Tracy sang a nice song. Didn't know it was called "The Summons". After that, it was time for Sunday school. That went alright too.
Then it was lunch with my classmate, Ji Chun, then on to Mambo to play pool with Luke. I played some really brilliant pool (notice I'm not talking about brilliant shots, though I made my fair share of those) where I was able to create shots out of nothing by playing good position. I can still see one particular rack in my mind where I bring the white ball off the side rail after making a rail shot to the corner. The white ball rolls into a cluster of balls; my final 2 balls and the black are in the cluster. The cluster breaks apart oh so slightly, affording me a simple shot into the corner which gave me position to shoot the other ball and draw back a bit for the black. 4 balls down in 30 seconds. Whee!
Back to church for Thai Ministry meeting. Helped to set up the 3pm service then went to join Nat and company in the "Games Room". Convinced them to play Monopoly instead of Puerto Rico.
Haven't played Monopoly for a long long time. Was really lucky to obtain the only monopoly on the board; the light blue sector. Built hotels on all 3 properties and waited for my opponents to pay me rent. Nat came first, then again. Cost him about $1000. Charmaine also dropped by for $550. Then Nat trades for Shenton Way which I own. He gives me $800 plus St Andrew's Road. Then he trades a pink property for Luke's red property which gives them both a monopoly. But before he can do anything fruitful, he lands on Braddell Road and gives me $500. Luke begins to build up his pink sector but I escape from landing there. Nat lands on Thomson Road for another $550 to me, bankrupting himself in the process. I gain all his properties which I promptly unmortgage. I build houses on the red sector. Meanwhile, Charmaine donates $500 to me before I once again pass by Luke's houses. Then Luke lands on my red sector, paying me $700. Charmaine lands on Farrer Road, costing her $500 again and cleaning her out. I now own nearly 3/4 of the properties. Luke resigns from the game and I win! Hee.
One new student at English class. Then it was dinner time. Cue some heavy discussion. Why can't things be simpler?
Didn't get home till just before 11. I am so tired!!
No comments:
Post a Comment