Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I can still do it!!!

What am I talking about? You see, there's a bus stop opposite Esso on Jalan Jurong Kechil. 61 stops at that stop and it's a bus that takes me home. Once, the bus had just departed from the bus stop. Not wanting to wait for the next 61, I ran to King Albert Park and managed to catch that same bus.

But this was before the junction at Jalan Jurong Kechil was changed to what it is today. In the past, 61 would turn left onto Upper Bukit Timah Road and move right to make a U-turn onto Jalan Anak Bukit. Then it would travel along Jalan Anak Bukit towards Clementi Road. Thus, there was a reasonable amount of time for me to scoot across from Jalan Jurong Kechil to Clementi Road. With the new junction, 61 travels straight across Upper Bukit Timah Road to Jalan Anak Bukit. This means that it takes less time to reach Clementi Road.

Yet today, I still managed the feat! Running from Jalan Jurong Kechil, I ran as fast as I could, pausing to let cars exit from side roads and slowing when approaching the Shell bus stop. As I approached the Clementi/Bukit Timah Road junction, I saw the 61 that I had missed waiting at the traffic lights. I realised that the junction lights were in my favour. However, I still had to keep running. Only when I reached the bus stop did I slow down.

Call me crazy but it's nice to pull something like that off.

The last few days have been alright. I feel reasonably well-rested. Yesterday I went to see the National Day midnight fireworks. It was so funny to hear the "wah"s as the fireworks went off.

Went for Stand In The Gap today, then went for a walk on Bukit Timah Hill with Jasmine, Emilline, Michelle, Dom, and Nat. That was nice.

Now I feel a little tired, I guess that's why I won't go into any more details about the last few days. Oh well.

No comments: