Post number 100!
I was deliberating all week as to whether post number 100 should be serious or mundane. I finally decided that it could be both. That's what a blog is for, right?
The mundane...
Had a reasonably good day today. Classes were so-so, but as it was Founder's Day, there was a free lunch laid on. After school, played soccer. We normally play on Fridays but as tomorrow is Pastoral Care Group Retreat Day, we decided to play today.
We were down 2-0 with 10 minutes to play. I decided to play at the last man position. Suddenly, we scored 2 quick goals to level the score. Playing at the back, I manage to marshal the defence and prevent the opposing team from creating any more clear chances. Another of their attacks break down and I take the goal kick. Scanning the court, I decide to play a long pass to the right flank. The defender misjudges the flight of the ball and fails to control it. My teammate capitalises on his error and scores the winning goal!
The not so mundane...
Went for dinner with a good friend. When I left for school this morning, I didn't expect that I'd be having dinner with this friend. But that's what happened. It was nice to talk over dinner; I'm sure there's lots of other stuff that I wanted to talk about but the time will come for that. Hope to do this again sometime.
Dinner over, was waiting to cross the road. I just thought I'd turn around and see who was waiting behind me. There were two ladies. One look and I immediately recognised one of them as my senior from SAJC. She saw me looking at her and asked, "Do I know you?". I said, "You're from SAJC right?" She said yes and I said, "You're Elizabeth?", to which she said yes, with a shocked expression. Then I recognised the other lady. They were both Student Councillors from the 17th Student Council. They were both surprised that I could remember them but they could remember me too. To think that it's been 10 years since I last saw them. I have a freaky memory indeed.
Tomorrow's the long march. I hope I won't be too tired at the end.
100 posts in about 8 months. That means an average of 12 posts a month, or 3 posts a week. Is that too much? I don't know, but I didn't think this day would come. After all, there was a time when I was absolutely incapable of keeping a diary or journal.
No comments:
Post a Comment