Friday, August 26, 2005

Today's walk went well. It looked as if it would be rained out while we were having breakfast, but once we had finished eating, the skies had cleared! Praise God for His provision!

As I expected, we had to shorten the route. Instead of ending at Bukit Timah hill, we ended at Bukit Timah Plaza! We had walked along Rifle Range Road to where the railway line passes close to the road. Crossed the tracks and the overhead bridge and went into BTP. Lunch at the food court with some good conversation.

After lunch, Rene (one of my groupmates) asked if I would like to head upstairs for some pool. I agreed and up to Mambo we went. I played reasonably well. Rene's play reminds me of how I used to play when I first started.

Went to church to print some address labels for the Thai Ministry 10th Anniversary concert invitations. After that, I had arranged to play pool with Sylvester. Decided to make a trip to the loo first. On the way, I walked past one of the Glory Kindergarten rooms. I was right. The lady I thought to be Karen Yap is Karen Yap. Had a conversation with her about Thai missions. She would like to have another conversation soon.

Pool with Sylvester was alright. Won 7-4 to add to my 7-2 win on Monday. Made some bad mistakes that allowed him to rally midway through the session. Managed to keep my cool though, and this was put to the test in what proved to be the final rack. Could I play good position and clear up my two remaining balls and the 8?

I managed it though it didn't happen as I planned it. Made my first shot but that left me shooting my last ball into the corner rather than the side. It was a reverse cut as well. Didn't panic, made the shot and landed reasonably well on the 8. Aware that I could scratch in the side, I didn't blast the cut into the corner but slow rolled it instead. 8 ball found gravity and I had won.

If you only one chance, one opportunity, to grab everything you ever wanted,
Would you take it? Or would you let it just slip away?

Too many times I have rushed into the opportunity.

Too many times I have let it slip away.

Will I ever get it right?

I bless the day I met you, and I will not forget you,
The one for me, is it you?
Perhaps it's never meant to be,
I just hope my heart can be free,
Free to make choices without burden,
Free to decide, and draw the curtain.
Who is really the one for me?
God knows, why don't I see?

Wake me up when September ends.

2 comments:

j said...

why september?

Alex said...

Oh, there's a song by that title. September is the last month of summer in the Northern hemisphere. The song's saying that summer is going so well, it's like a dream. Summer's been going pretty well for me. If only I didn't have to wake up.