Sunday, July 17, 2005

Today I played some 8-ball pool with Sylvester. I'm his bogey opponent. No matter how good he is playing, I win more racks.

And so it was today. We played a race to 5 racks. I was up 2-0, then he pulled level at 2-2. I won the next 2 racks to go up 4-2 then had a chance to win the next rack. I didn't take that chance so we played an eighth rack. I was ahead nearly all the way when he played safe leaving me with no direct shot. The 8 ball was hanging over one corner pocket and the cue ball was at the opposite end of the table about one foot away from the corner pocket down the rail from where the 8 was. The only shot I had was a bank with the cue ball shot towards the the far side rail with it bouncing off the rail and sinking the black.

I saw the shot was on and I decided to take it. Ordinarily I don't take rail first banks but I felt pretty confident as I have previously practised this shot while playing on my own. And so I took the shot and made the 8, winning the match. I was ecstatic. Winning is one thing, winning like that is something else.

I'm pretty bushed right now. Only one week left before I go back to school. Sigh.

Music Sunday was alright but I'm glad it's done and dusted.

You raise me up!

No comments: