A non-narrative post on my trip to Hong Kong.
I never before thought about how cool it would be to go back to the place I was born. Not just the country, but the hospital. My friends who were born in Singapore can always point to the hospital they were born in as they're passing by. Not that they do that often, but to me, Queen Mary Hospital has always been just a name. Having seen it, I realise that it's not any hospital, it's one that sits on a hillside overlooking the sea. From the bus-stop at the main road, you either have to take a lift two floors up or walk up a few flights of stairs just to reach the pathway to the main entrance. So when I came into this world, it was with the open sea in close proximity. You might say that I was born to cross the seas. Ha.
I should have brought my swimming trunks and goggles. It would have been nice to take a dip at Repulse Bay. Wait a minute, I'm talking about the sea again!
Once upon a time, I wanted to work on a ship. I love being in a boat or ship. I suppose I haven't had the chance to do that much and I've come to really enjoy flying. But whenver I get onto a boat, there's a kind of magical feeling that runs through me. And being on a boat, it's nice to take the plunge into the water. I love being underwater, be it in the sea or in a swimming pool.
The MTR. It really was impressive though it seems that the whole transport system has been modernised, perhaps in time for some major event. Maybe it's some games that are being held this year. Anyway I was really impressed by the MTR. I never felt uncomfortable on any of the rides I took. I mean, sometimes the MRT in Singapore can be rather uncomfortable especially when the aircon isn't cool enough.
Walking. Sometimes you get a better perspective of a country when you walk around. One of the days during my trip, I walked a long way, far from the tourist spots and shopping areas. I saw things like motor repair shops, tools and DIY stores, even a second-hand goods shop. It really gave me a more well rounded view of life in Hong Kong. But I must bring a more comfortable pair of shoes if I'm going to do so much walking. My Teva sandals didn't do their work well.
As I look through the photos I took during my trip, more things will come to mind and I'll put them here.
Thank you God for the opportunity to visit Hong Kong. Now I appreciate more why I am in Singapore now.
No comments:
Post a Comment