Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I thought it wouldn't happen again but it did.

What am I talking about?

It could refer to a few things. But for now, I'm talking about rushing through an airport to the departure gate.

After saying long goodbyes, took the coach on a very crowded road to the airport. When we got there and unloaded everything, we went straight to the check in counter. The staff were surprised and said they were just about to close the counter. Nevertheless, we got checked in and headed for immigration. The queue I was in was so slow. When we had all got through, it was time to run! Luckily the gate was one of the nearest to the immigration counters.

If I have the time, I might point out something else that I thought wouldn't happen but did.

Anyway, no more budget airlines. Now that I've flown Valuair, Tiger, and Jetstar Asia, I have decided that it isn't worth it. I think they're good for leisure travellers. But for a mission trip? No thanks. Not when you've just finished a week of relative hardship.

Fortunately the flight didn't feel too long. I suppose it does help when there is a pack of cards to play with. Played bridge with Avelyn, Olivia, and Christina. Avelyn plays like a pro. The rest of us were just playing along. Still, it got us through about half of the flight. The rest of the time, we ate overpriced sandwiches and napped.

Can't quite believe I'm back. My body feels so slow. Maybe part of it wishes it was still in Thailand.

No comments: