Monday, May 16, 2005

Wow... I haven't blogged in 11 days. I guess that means I've been busy. Anyway in the last 11 days I've been having mission trip practices. It's kind of surreal running the practices with so few people present, especially when more than half of the people there are people I have only recently met. I guess it's ok considering that I do hope to involve other churches in Thai missions.

The four Bartley youth remind me of my days when I was 17. At the same time, i'm reminded of the times I spent coaching 17 and 18 year olds in debating. Those were all more or less good times so I'm quite hopeful that this trip will turn out well.

Yesterday was SBC graduation. Ha Young's graduated! Hope that God continues to work in and through her. I was the 2IC of the carpark team. Stood at the gate directing traffic for a good two hours at the start and for about twenty minutes at the end. A good experience but it really took a lot out of me physically. Spent today recuperating.

Bumped into two VCFers from my time in NUS, Eugene and Yvonne. Glad to hear they're doing great. The second week in a row that I've met a former VCFer. Maybe we should have a reunion or something.

Spent some time talking to a guy from their church called Timmy. Turns out he's from SAJC too though he was there five years before me. It was nice reminiscing about life in SAJC.

SMF Committee meeting tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

No comments: