Monday, February 14, 2005

Haven't blogged in a week...

Where did all the time go...

Anyway, my Chinese New Year week was alright... Reunion dinner (actually any dinner where all four of us are home can be a reunion dinner) was good, though I really don't think much of abalone... When it comes to seafood, I like crab, lobster and crayfish best. Then I like fish. Then it's stuff like clams and abalone. Abalone is rather like a giant piece of pacific clam.

First day of the Year of the Rooster... Woke up, greeted parents. Lunch was leftovers from reunion dinner. Played tennis with sis in the afternoon (I do play racquet games). Haven't played for quite a long time and my footwork wasn't at its best. Managed to hit some nice shots and stay in a good number of rallies. Hope to play again soon...

Next morning woke up early to go to KL. Took a taxi to Novena Square from where our bus would depart for Bangsar, KL. Bus ride was alright, coach was comfortable enough (bus company is new). Interesting fact: That morning I passed by all the places I have lived in prior to living in Pine Grove.

Got to KL just after noon. The next two days were spent shopping and eating. Having been to KL last year, I found it quite easy to orientate myself. Hope to go back again to get a better look at the place.

On Sat, we checked out at 12. Did some more shopping before heading to Bangsar where we would take the bus back to Singapore. Got there rather early; we were booked on the 6:30 bus but we got there at 4:10. We were told that if anyone didn't turn up for the 4:30 bus, we could take their seats. Voila! Exactly four seats were available.

Trip back was uneventful at first. But halfway thru the journey, the young kids who had been napping at the start of the trip all woke up. They were quite noisy. One poor little boy had slept thru the toilet break and had to do a pee pee into a plastic bag. Later, as we were about to reach Tuas checkpoint, I heard the following:

Mother: Hah? You want to pass motion? Don't pass now, there's no place for you to pass.

Poor little boy: Mmmnnn...

Mother: You pass already ah? Aiyoh, you will dirty your pants. Wait... (to husband) Give me some tissues.

(I turn around and see that the mother has placed some tissues on the floor of the coach (they're sitting at the emergency door so there's some extra legroom). At this point I flee to the front of the coach where my parents and sis are.

The things that parents do for their kids...

Anyway, got back home about 11. Good trip overall. Next day was church. Went out after church for lunch. Bought a pair of dark pants. Came home and was so tired. Napped.

Can't quite believe a week has passed so quickly... Back to sch tmw...

Another non-eventful Valentine's day. Hee.

No comments: