Wow, my last post was 23 Jan 2009! Gee...
Anyway, 2009 has been a year of change for me, but I'll leave that subject to my next post in a week's time.
Right now, I would just like to post something about Christmas this year. Christmas this year came at the end of a very busy month, which started with my first mission trip to Thailand for 3 years, followed by a weekend camp, not to mention two weddings. Knowing I was going to be so busy, I was quite surprised when I realised I had been designated as the PA system operator for my church's Christmas combined service and Christmas eve service. Anyway, after many hiccups over the rehearsals, I thank God that the actual services went well. One of the songs the choir presented really touched me. It's "I have seen the light" by Robert Sterling and Chris Machen.
I Have Seen The Light
I was a seeker for light in a dark world,
I looked for truth but settled for lies.
I had been blinded, I couldn't see
Till the Star in Bethlehem's sky opened my eyes.
I have seen the Light shining in the darkness,
Bursting through the shadows, delivering the dawn.
I have seen the Light whose holy name is Jesus,
His kingdom is forever; He reigns on Heaven's throne!
There in a manger, an innocent baby;
Who could believe He was the One;
I can believe it, I know it's true;
He changed my life; He is the light; He is God's Son!
I have seen the Light shining in the darkness,
Bursting through the shadows, delivering the dawn.
I have seen the Light whose holy name is Jesus,
His kingdom is forever; He reigns on Heaven's throne!
We must tell the world what we`ve seen today in Bethlehem!
He`s the promised King; we bow down and worship Him!
Worship Christ The King!
I have seen the Light shining in the darkness,
Bursting through the shadows, delivering the dawn.
I have seen the Light whose holy name is Jesus,
His kingdom is forever; He reigns on Heaven's throne!
******
May everyone who God has called sing this song one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment