Sunday, April 20, 2008

Low to the goalie's left!

Today, I had a really full day. I know Sunday is supposed to be the Sabbath, but I take my Sabbath on Saturday, not that I'm a Jew. Haha. Anyway, after attending the 7:30 service and doing PA system duty, I taught Sunday School at 9:30, played about an hour of pool at 12:30, then attended a YA comm meeting at 1:30. Then it was off to look for a new doorbell for home at 2:30, then soccer at 4:00! English class at 6:00, then Thai dinner, finally got home at 8:30 after being out for 13 and a half hours.

Some highlights: Had a good time teaching Sunday School, though I don't regret not returning to full-time teacher status. Made some ridiculously tough shots in pool, and some constructive suggestions during YA comm meeting. Bought a nice doorbell which I installed just over 2 hours ago. Scored twice during soccer, one was a penalty where I put the goalie off by closing my eyes just before shooting, only opening them at the last second to put the ball low to the goalie's left. The other goal was also low to the goalie's left, after I had executed a one-two with my teammate, flicking a high ball to him with my head, then running on to his headed flick-on, muscling my way past the last defender and coolly finishing, low to the goalie's left!

For once, I'm being brief, partly because I'm kind of busy, partly because I'm tired, and partly because I'm being cheeky, deliberately avoiding my usual style. : )

No comments: