In the last 17 days since I last blogged, not much has happened in my life. Two BSF leaders' meetings, two BSF class nights, one cell group, one wedding rehearsal, one wedding, and 4 sessions of remedial physical training. BSF has been good as usual, it was good to get back to leading my discussion group and it was nice interacting with my group members and the other leaders. See Leng turned up at the last leaders' meeting with red sores on her legs. She noticed the rest of us looking at her legs and she told us she had been at the beach picking shells and had been bitten by sandflies. She mentioned that she had received the same funny looks from people on the MRT. The next day, I gave her a cone shell to sort of make up for her sandfly bites. It was nothing really, just my idea of sympathy.
The other meeting day, I got an SMS from Jasmine asking me if I could help her get dinner. It's something I don't mind doing since I always get to United Square around 6. Anyway she asked for century egg lean meat porridge. I was in Subway at the time and wasn't quite sure where I would get such a thing, though I had an instinct that a noodle shop might have it. However, I didn't follow my instinct and walked around aimlessly for 20 minutes before I figured out that my instinct was correct. Oh well, at least I learned where to get porridge.
At remedial training, I seem to have gotten over the initial shock of resuming hard physical activity. Did a 3 km run twice in three days, posting decent timings of 15:40 and 16:45, the latter on a crazy hot day. We've had a few of those recently, mixed in with some really heavy rain. I decided to get a short haircut anticipating that there will be more hot days to come.
All this remedial training must be messing with my mind. I've had a few strange dreams. One of them involved my NS section mates whom I have not been in contact with since my NS days. I can't remember what went on but I do remember waking up feeling quite confused. Another confusing dream involved my mentor from my short stint in my MINDEF job. I seemed to be in tears and telling her I missed her. That was most bizarre. I know I had one nice talk with her while I was there, but I don't see why I would miss her since life has been pretty good really. Oh well.
I never try to read too much into dreams. Usually the weirder dreams come round when I'm really tired.
So many stars in the sky.
Did PA duty at Emilline and Allan's wedding. Apart from a few hiccups, it mostly went well. Jasmine, Christina, and Benita presented an item, "God Causes All Things To Grow". They sang it very well, and I do think that the correct mixer settings certainly enhanced their sound. The first time I heard them sing during the sound tests, they gave me goosebumps. Hee.
Is short hair nice? On me it is, at least according to me. Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment