Went for a long bicycle ride earlier tonight. It was 16km in total, from my place to Tanglin Mall via Ulu Pandan Road and Holland Road, then back via Tanglin Road, Alexandra Road, Commonwealth Avenue, Commonwealth Avenue West, Ulu Pandan Canal Running Track, Clementi Road, and Ulu Pandan Road.
It's been a while since I'd cycled that far. On top of the distance, I began the ride cycling up the sloping road just outside my block. Along the way, I tackled a gentler slope near the Buona Vista Swimming Pool, and another tough slope at Jalan Merah Saga, and another gentle slope on Holland Road just after the Queensway junction.
The route brought back memories of bike rides past, especially when I cycled past Margaret Drive enroute to Alexandra Road. There was a time when I was 16, waiting for the O levels to start, when I would get tired of studying and I went on long bike rides. One of my rides took me past Margaret Drive.
I've been riding my dad's bike for some time now. I probably need to get a more comfortable seat. Right now it's a bit like riding a bucking horse.
Something you may not know - I have a car bike rack at home which we got for dad for one of his birthdays. We've only used it a few times. I guess when I get my own car or if I get more freedom with the car at home, I will bring my bike to further afield for long bike rides. Whee!
No comments:
Post a Comment