Fourteen days since my last post. Mostly uneventful. Of course, that's discounting the news of the Va Tech shootings. The world is becoming more and more unstable.
Got myself a new phone. It's a Nokia 6300. I had been hoping to get it since I saw it on the Nokia website at the end of last year. It's pretty cool, aside from all its functions, it actually looks good, and it's a candybar phone so there are no unnecessary moving parts. Hopefully I won't ever drop it on the floor.
Easter weekend was quite good. Went to the Easter Convention. The message was on the love of God shown in Jesus love for all. Once again, the Good Friday service was held at Expo, at the other side of the world. One more year of Expo to go, hopefully just one more year.
Fast forward to the next Friday, I was taking an after dinner walk with my mum, when suddenly I realised I had a stomachache and needed to go to the toilet urgently. As we were walking on Ulu Pandan Road, just past Pandan Valley, I decided to attempt to run to Caltex which was about 800 metres up the road. So off I went, hoping I would make it in time. There were a few scares along the way, but I made it safe and sound.
On Sunday I chaired the 11:30 service. That went reasonably well, though I kept hearing feedback from the loudspeakers when I was talking. This is a recurring problem when I chair the service, I think I will have to figure out the best equaliser settings for me by doing it myself. Now that would be strange, to be on both sides of the mixer at once.
The Thai service celebrated Songkran, the Thai new year, with a special outdoor service held at the breakfast area in church. After the usual service elements, the water part of the service began with a ceremonial blessing of the older members, then the real water throwing began. It was quite fun and chaotic at once, but everything went well. Sometimes you can't appreciate what's going on unless you get wet.
On Monday, I went to a BSF presentation where I offically signed up for the pilot Young Adults class. Strangely enough, it was held at the house of someone living in another block in Pine Grove. So all I had to do was walk a short distance to the block and take the lift up and I was there. Walking into the apartment, I saw there were a few ladies there and just one other guy. Considering the last time I went for a BSF presentation, it was for a men's class, I was a little confused. Anyway, it turned out that the host of the presentation, who is also the Teaching Leader for the pilot class, was the substitute-Teaching Leader at the men's class where I was the Assistant Children's Supervisor. It was good to see him again.
Anyway, the presentation goes alright, though I already know everything from my previous times in BSF. After the presentation, the participants are free to leave or engage in smalltalk. Anyway, there was a girl there named Emerald (we were all wearing stickers with our names on them) who said I looked familiar but that she couldn't remember where she had seen me. After some mutual enquiries, we found out that we had attended the same PA system course around 3 years ago though back then we didn't say a word to each other. Now that was really funny, to have a chance to say hello after 3 years.
Strange but true!
No comments:
Post a Comment