Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Texas Glazed!

Today I was watching tv when I switched over to Travel and Living. Anthony Bourdain was on and for some reason, he was buying donuts. After eating three regular sized ones, he started talking about a "Texas Glazed" donut. The camera cuts to the inside of the cafe where Bourdain has just bought his donuts. In the kitchen, a trolley of freshly-baked glazed donuts displays its wares. The strange thing is, each tray on the trolley fits just three of the donuts left to right. So either the trays are small, or the donuts are big. Hmm.

Anyway, cut back to Bourdain, who says, "Mum said I should never eat anything bigger than my head. Well, she was wrong about most things..." and proceeds to order a "Texas Glazed" from the cafe counter.

Here's what a "Texas Glazed" donut looks like...

There's a saying in America that goes, "Everything is bigger in Texas". Now I know it applies to donuts too! Haha...

Oh, someone called me a donut! That and the "Texas Glazed" have given me a craving for donuts. Rats.

No comments: