Every now and then, this happens to me. Just before midnight, I feel really tired. But once I lie down, I don't feel tired and don't seem to want to sleep. Oh well. This time, instead of staying in bed counting sheep, I thought I'd post an update.
I had a nice weekend. Had dim sum with mum and sis for lunch on Saturday, then for dinner, I met up with Katrina and Kelvin. We went to Clarke Quay where we ate at a Mongolian buffet restaurant. I won't mention its name, but I would advise you not to eat there. It was an extraordinarily long outing as we met up at 6 and ended at 11+. We had a good time talking and catching up with each other though.
On Sunday, I went to church as usual. Hannah shared at the service (which reminds me that I had better prepare my own sharing for this Sunday) about her one year stint with RDI in Cambodia that she will be embarking on not so long from now. After church, I spent some time playing pool. The last time I played (the previous Sunday), I pulled a muscle in my arm while striking the cueball at the break. This time I tried a more measured approach, with less power. It wasn't working too well though. However, I did play better overall than the last time. I made a rail-first sliding spin shot and also a behind-the-back shot, two shots that I don't usually use.
Then it was on to soccer with Roy, Stanley, Ian, and some of the youth. We had a good time in the sun, though Roy was a little frustrated by the lack of enthusiasm the youth had at times. I guess we oldies are too used to the high intensity of the soccer sessions we had ten years ago. Wow, suddenly I do feel old.
After that, I went to church to wash up. There was no English class that day so I just talked to some of the youth who had been playing soccer. After that, it was time for Thai dinner. Sometimes the Thai dinner is too salty, even for me. When that happens, I usually feel a little dehydrated the next day. And so it was that today I did feel dehydrated and rather sluggish.
Anyway, after dinner I attended half of the Thai service. Hannah gave her sharing there too though it was a longer version than what she shared in the time-pressure English services.
After all I had done on Sunday, I slept deeply that night.
This evening (Monday) I excused myself from CG so I could attend the wake service for Rev. Ng Eng Kiat's mum who passed away on Saturday night. I know Rev. Eng Kiat from a course we took together at SBC. Making my way down to Cantonment Road, I managed to find the venue for the service with no trouble. The service itself was quite similar to the services our church conducts. The exhortation was rather long and repetitive though.
Sometimes when I sleep, I dream of the mundane. As I've said previously, mundane dreams are really strange sometimes because they seem to give hints of the future. And sometimes, that future that the dream is hinting at isn't so good. Recently I had a dream that a friend of mine died in an accident. Anyway I gave a word of warning to that person to be careful of certain circumstances. Of course, if I dream of someone dying, it might be a sign that I'm angry about something. But I can't really think of why I'm angry right now. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment