Thursday, December 01, 2005

ACJC. Four letters that bring back some memories.

Of course, SAJC means more to me but ACJC was where some special moments happened.

As a debater and after that a debate coach, I used to go to ACJC annually for the tournament that they hosted. I remember going there, standing on the smiley face together with my teams, sitting in the dull classrooms, waiting in the canteen. And since I'd go there once a year, I could see how the school changed as renovations were carried out.

As a debater, I was part of the team that lost narrowly to ACJC in the final. For that, I was given a runner's up plaque that I still keep as my most treasured possession from my school days. As a coach, I'd tell my debaters that they could go on to greater things but it would be sweet if they could win something while they were in JC. So imagine how delighted I was when one of my teams managed to win the tournament!

Another thing about ACJC is that it always seems to be full of pretty girls. Now that's a sweeping statement of course, but it's an impression that I get when I see ACJC girls on the street. Haha!

Anyway, when I went there on Monday I felt a little strange as the memories came back. I guess it's nice to be able to revisit a place of such significance especially considering that so many of these places for me no longer exist.

Tuesday was a wacky day but I'm not going to say why. Hee!

1 comment:

Esther 欣欣 said...

Hi, it's Esther. When will you go to Thailand ?