The week's coming to an end and soon school will start again. Where did all the time go? Hee.
Anyway, EP Retreat was nice. It was good to have the chance to meet up with some old friends and make some new ones too.
One good thing about the retreat was that we didn't have to travel very far. Despite all my experience in long distance coach travel, I don't like coach travel in the day (Kuantan trip comes to mind). So it was nice to be able to just hop over the Causeway to the Puteri Pan Pacific Hotel.
About the hotel: It's quite large, probably the largest I've ever stayed in. With a hotel bearing the Pan Pacific name, you expect some level of quality. Overall, I don't have any real complaints as the room was well appointed, the facilities were adequate, and the food was alright. I was fortunate enough to be in a room facing the Johor Straits with no afternoon sun.
The one bad thing I can single out is the weird stone garden in the lobby. With such a huge lobby, you would think there would be something a little more grand or purposeful. This stone garden is really ugly. Doesn't suit the hotel at all.
The speaker at the retreat was a lecturer from a Bible college in Australia. Thus while he made some very pertinent points, there were times I felt like I wasn't on my term break. But overall, it was quite a useful series of talks.
Wilson from the Synod and Amos from ORPC were also at the retreat and they had brought some board games with them. Thus it was as if Synod Youth Board Games Day was carrying on from Saturday. But it was fun. Together with some other co-workers, we played games every now and then over the course of the retreat. Modern Art was really stressful though there were some funny moments.
I like the Puteri Pan Pacific Hotel. Too bad I can't really imagine what I would do in J.B. for 3 days. Ha.
I'd better enjoy the next few days.
Expect great things from God, expect nothing from Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment