Happy day, happy day!
The day started out alright... FE Hour was a surprise; no door gift like there usually is. I was actually a little disappointed. Hee. But FE Hour was pretty informative. Someone from MSIPS came to present their ministry in China. It was rather like what you normally hear at SMF Hour. After it was over, Dr Florence Tan announced that there would be a door gift on exit! Everyone present received a pack of Dark Side M&Ms. Talk about product placement.
After school I went to church to do the Thai Service accounts. When I got there, nobody was around! To my surprise, Karen was still around in her classroom. She saw me outside the office and said hello from her window. I asked why she was still around and she told me that there had been some cases of HFMD among the kindergarten kids so she had to stay behind to disinfect her room. While waiting for Joy to come, I kicked a ball around the slope like I like to do.
Finally, Joy arrived and I settled down to do the accounts. It took longer I expected and before I knew it, it was 7pm! I had a look outside and saw Karen's room windows closed and the lights off. Anyway, I was just about to leave, but I needed the loo so I walked upstairs. As I came to the second floor landing, I bumped into Karen! She looked surprised to see me and said that she had just SMSed me to tell me she was leaving. Anyway, we ended up walking towards Jalan Jurong Kechil where I would get a bus and she would walk on to where she lives. We had an interesting conversation along the way. Anyway, after crossing Jalan Jurong Kechil, we said goodbye and went our separate ways. But then...
I realised I had forgotten to get gifts for Teachers' Day! The thing is, my class was assigned 3 teachers for whom we had to get gifts. So I turned around, and ran to Bukit Timah Plaza. Now, I was weighed down by my bag and a stack of notes that I had collected earlier from the copy shop. I felt as if I was a runaway train as I was running. Reaching BTP, I managed to get to the gift shop just as it was closing. I explained to the lady who runs the shop that I needed to get some Teachers' Day gifts. She stopped closing up and showed me some of the things in her shop. I picked out some items and told her I would go and get some money to the ATM.
At the ATM, I was a little excited and withdrew $1000 by mistake! So I ran upstairs to the cash deposit machine to put the money back. Withdrew a much smaller amount and went back to the shop. The lady was still wrapping my purchases; as she wrapped, we talked. I guess it's really tough to be in the gift shop business.
Got home at 8, tired but happy. Thank you LORD!
No comments:
Post a Comment