Today I turned 27! It was no ordinary day!
(I've just got back from a 3 day "holiday" in Kuantan.)
The day started out alright though I was a little disappointed that nobody had SMSed me birthday greetings in the middle of the night. Was thinking that everyone had forgotten. In the end, not many seemed to remember, but to those who did, thanks very much. Grace, Joan, Esther, Nat, NatX, Jasmine, Doreen, and Michelle, you made my day.
Kuantan trip was alright. However, I didn't expect that there would be so much travelling involved. I'd just come back last week from a mission trip where I spent so much time on the road travelling from province to province. I thought this trip to Kuantan would be a rest for me. As it turned out, from the moment we left Singapore, we spent nearly all our time on our coach which wasn't nearly as comfortable as what I rode in Thailand. In between, we had great meals, visited Tasik Chini (a lake), a waterfall whose name escapes me, and Telok Chempedak beach. Walked around Kuantan town too.
Kuantan's not the most lively of towns, but that was fine with me. However I think I prefer the beach to the town. The stretches of beach that run along the coastline near Kuantan are absolutely beautiful. Moreover, you can stand on the shore and stare out into what seems like infinity; the South China Sea.
I'm thinking of organising a holiday to Kuantan. Won't be doing it till year end or next year though. Ask me if you're interested.
As the minutes tick by and the next day approaches, I am a year and a day older. My body is beginning to feel it too.
I guess it's fun to feel young but you can't keep it up for very long. Anyway I think I'm ready to be older though I'm sure I could drop back in time at will.
Thanks again, all of you who remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment