Monday, April 18, 2005

Sunday didn't start out too well... some AV misadventures... Class went quite alright... Christina's now able to walk without crutches...

After class, talked with Shawn about speaking in tongues... Explained to him what I think about tongues as practised by the charismatic church...

Then it was time for some pool... didn't play too well... made some silly mistakes... After that, back to church for Puerto Rico... didn't do well in the first game... but after Nat left, I played on with Luke and Jared and won the next two games... Cue more fingerpointing... hee...

After that I met with some ppl from Bartley Christian Church. One of them's my classmate from SBC... They are involved in the youth ministry and are looking to see how they can get the youth involved in mission. Four of their youth will be going with our mission team to Thailand in June.

Then it was English class and dinner... After dinner, Nat asked if I would like to go with him to play pool with Luke. I said I wouldn't mind. On our way there, we bumped into Wenyao and invited him to join us...

Pool... Nat and Luke vs Wenyao and me. I played quite well and my team won nearly all the racks we played. Nat and Luke left after one and a half hours... so Wenyao and me played on. In the end, we finished at 11:30... I was playing at a really high level and lost only one rack in 90 minutes of pool... How high a level? I was making shots that I don't usually attempt... like billiards... and combination (foxy) shots... like a half ball foxy on a ball in a cluster to the middle pocket at a 45 degree angle... really enjoyed myself...

Life is good... thank God...

No comments: