Saturday, March 26, 2005

What a nice week it has been since I last blogged...

Had my Greek mid-term on Wednesday... got it back today... 98%!

Even though the test wasn't very difficult, I'm glad that I didn't suffer my usual post break funk. Usually if I don't touch Greek for a week I lose my edge. This time I didn't do much Greek for two weeks and managed to keep my fundamentals together...

Maundy Thursday service on Thursday. Somehow it all felt too contrived. Anyway it wasn't too bad. What was bad? Choir practice that night. I was so tired. But on the plus side, I'm finding it less burdensome to go for choir. Also, it'll all be over soon...

Good Friday service was pretty cool... a few of the songs had intro bars that sounded like they came from secular songs... Message was good; I'm really reminded of the price that Jesus paid and I really understand now how great a judgement I have been spared.

Spent yesterday night prepping for my Asian Church History presentation "Thailand - Land of the Free... But is it really free?" which was scheduled for today. I should have given myself more time to research the material but in the end I came up with something I was satisfied with.

Presentation went very well... Managed my time well and was told by my professor that I dealt very thoroughly with the important parts of the topic. She even asked if I had ever considered teaching Church history... I was quite embarrassed and said that I enjoy Church history and how it relates to us today. But I wasn't quite sure that I wanted to be a Bible college lecturer. That would mean going for another degree after the M. Div. Anyway I didn't dismiss the idea and thanked her for her encouraging remarks.

Hope the rest of the day is as cool...

No comments: