Just got back from Thai Service baptism at East Coast and the wake of Hui Nee's mum at Ang Mo Kio...
In one event, two Thais enter into the family of God by baptism... In the other, a terminally ill woman accepts Christ two weeks before she passes away... I guess as long as one can enter the family of God, it doesn't matter when it happens...
Baptism was fun and meaningful... I hope that Manop and Suriya will continue to grow in their faith day by day...
ACTI trainees were there... I decided to try to make some conversation with Esther from Hong Kong... I had been told that in the 3 months she had been attending Glory Church, she found it difficult to get to know anyone cos everyone seems to be comfortable in their own cliques...
Only trouble was, I wasn't sure how I would start a conversation since I'm not exactly the "Hi, I'm Alex" kind of conversationalist. As it turned out, I needn't have worried... Rev Kim said something in Thai (Before we disperse, I shall ask Rev * to pronounce a blessing)... Esther didn't understand and I happened to be standing nearby so I told her what Rev Kim said.
After the blessing, she asked how I understood what Rev Kim said... I told her about my mission trips and language lessons... Then I mentioned that I had heard she was from Hong Kong... Told her that I had been born in Hong Kong...
So a conversation began... Funny how much you can get to know about a person in a short time... Anyway it was a nice experience... I'll see her again at the ACTI graduation on Friday... She's invited me to visit her church in Hong Kong... I might go... would be nice to see the land of my birth at the same time...
I'm certainly glad I didn't choose to sleep some more and skip the baptism...
After that, went to the wake... I know Hui Nee cos he's the superintendent of the Youth Sunday School department... I remember that I was quite apprehensive when he replaced Sue Lynn cos Sue Lynn was a pretty cool superintendent... He was supposed to be a short term superintendent but then Sue Lynn decided not to return... But in the time that Hui Nee has been the superintendent, I have realised that he's a great leader who has vision. Pray that his father's heart will be softened that he will also be able to receive Christ as his Lord and Saviour.
This has been the coolest Easter Sunday for a long while...
No comments:
Post a Comment