Saturday, February 19, 2005

What a long week it has been...

It's amazing how just one week off can throw your whole routine off track and put it out of sync... Fortunately I got back into rhythm soon enough...

Tuesday was a so so day...

Started out simply enough... After class I had another meeting with my pastoral care advisor... He had read my lifemap report and said that I have a gift for writing, especially with regard to narratives... Will be seeing him again next week...

After that I went down to town... camera repair... was shocked to find out that it had a problem with the "main board"... I have to pay $240 for a new main board. Olympus has not heard the last of this... Anyway I was a little depressed after that so I went around town a while... Had to buy a new mouse so I went to Funan... looked at some tennis rackets before buying the mouse...

Then it was on to Taka... went to Kinokuniya to look for a book... It's called "Persepolis 2" by Marjane Satrapi... "Persepolis 1" tells of her childhood in Iran which began just around the Islamic revolution of 1979. The sequel continues her story with her returning from her studies in Europe... Kino didn't have the book...

Looked at some more tennis rackets and almost bought one...

Went to Borders... bought some egg tarts on the way... Borders didn't have the book either so I went home... Had to study for next day's Greek test...

Test was real tough... All of us were given more time than usual as the teachers acknowledged that this test was deliberately meant to be tougher than the previous tests...

Thursday was a terribly long day... I was so tired from all the homework that I had been doing the night before... A headache threatened to manifest itself... But somehow I made it through the whole day... Thank God...

Yesterday I was all ready to leave the house when I couldn't find my keys... My dad had taken them to work by mistake... So I went to NP to get them from him before going to SBC... During lunch I went to SMU with two classmates to do street evangelism... Talked to a student who said that he was not interested in religion at this point in life... He had heard the Gospel before and attended church for a while... I told him I understood his position... Related the parable of the rich fool to express my concern for him... Hope that he will come to faith before it's too late... Later on I settled some school things which had been outstanding before going home...

Today I had Asian Church History... We did a mock missions convention... We were separated into groups and had to make a presentation about a country i.e. what was going on and how Christians can help... My group was Indonesia... Our discussion started out slow cos we didn't really know what to do... Eventually in true Indonesian style, I hijacked the discussion after realising that we had to present the political dimension of Indonesia and its ramifications for the church at large...

Presentation went alright... Later on I was asked to put my political commentary down in writing by my lecturer... Seems that even in SBC not many people address issues like politics and Christianity... But I'm glad to do it if it'll help others make sense of Indonesia.

After that was chapel... Family Hour... Today the chapel leader conducted some games... The point was to generate laughter to ease tension... Mission accomplished... Stacy's really good at leading a crowd... SBC will be a little duller when he graduates in May...

A classmate had asked me to help him with his Greek... He's quite behind in his work... So I spent part of the break helping him... Apparently I managed to clarify the whole tense system for him... That's what he told the teacher afterwards... I was so embarrassed when in front of the teacher he said I was a great teacher of Greek...

Got the test back... Before going through the test, Mdm Lee was saying that this test was meant to be tough so that we would face reality... How did I do? I scored my best result this term! 95%! I feel encouraged to do better and help others improve...

Took a long nap before dinner... a reward for a long week of work... A week where I didn't feel like blogging but did eventually...

No comments: