Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Beloved Boots


These are the boots that I've been wearing to play soccer for the last 6 years or so. As you can see, they have blades instead of studs. I'm a firm believer in blades as aids for acceleration though you have to be extra careful with your footwork. Anyway, they're coming to the end of their operational lives. I've actually had to use epoxy resin to reattach the soles at the heel end of both boots. If the front end gives out, I will probably get a new pair of boots.

It's these boots with which I scored the own goal on Sunday, and it was also these boots that I wore back in 2001 when I scored another own goal. Now, I'm not a serial own goal scorer. The own goals were down to poor defending, not by me alone, but by the whole line of defenders.

Blue bladed boots, I salute you!

2 comments:

j said...

HEY!! I have the EXACT same pair man...bought mine when I was in NIE....for running on the field during rugby i think....don't get to wear it anymore...so wasted.

Alex said...

Haha, what a coincidence... I got it cos I thought I'd get a non-black boot for a change and I was attracted their blue and red colours. Also, it was reasonably priced and pretty comfortable to boot! Hahahaha!

Oh well, there was a period when I didn't play any field soccer which is why my boots are still wearable.