Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007

My first post of 2007. What will the year hold? Only God really knows.

Anyway, 2006 has gone. It feels like the time went so quickly. But as fast as the time went by, it was a year in which I learned many things.

A friend asked me to sum up in 20 words what 2006 was to me. After some thought, I came up with "2006, a year of discovery of my true vocation, my true friends, and what it means to call God "Father"."

In time I might elaborate on what this means to me. I am glad to have come up with it because I do think it was a useful exercise to try to summarise the past year. It's a good way of quickly recalling the significant things that happened. You should try it!
Anyway, 2007 started restfully for me. I went for a run last night, managing to run around 6km without my knees hurting too badly. I ran because I felt I needed to do some exercise. I ended 2006 in reasonably good physical condition. My mean weight has dropped 1 kilogramme, and my fitness level is fairly good. So I thought it would be a good idea to go for a run. Considering I hadn't run for a month, I thought I ran quite well.
This morning, I've woken up with a bit of a cold. I guess I'll be resting today.

No comments: