I finally watched Casino Royale last Thursday. "So late?" you might say, but that was the first day the free tickets that I had won on a radio show were valid. I won the tickets after I correctly answered a question relating to "View to a Kill", a Bond film from 20 years ago.
Anyway, I liked Casino Royale. Daniel Craig is a different Bond, and Eva Green a different Bond girl, but they both helped restore some credibility to the Bond franchise. In the midst of all the action, I especially liked their characters' interactions, like when Bond is reading out their mission orders and begins to embellish the truth, leading to Vesper Lynd trying to snatch the orders from his hand, saying, "Give me that!", and when Bond is recovering in a sanitarium after being beaten up, and Vesper comes to visit him. At that moment, the banker from the poker tournament comes with the prize money. The banker asks Bond for the password, but Bond asks Vesper to enter the password. Of course, Vesper says she doesn't know the password, but Bond tells her that she does, because the password is V-E-S-P-E-R. At this point, Vesper knows how much Bond loves her. It's just too bad they can never be together because Ian Fleming never meant for Bond to love just one woman.
It was nice that the producers had Bond show a more emotional side to his character, rather than just his normal killing machine persona.
In a sense, I'm rather like Bond (don't laugh) in that I have not yet found the right girl. Unlike Bond, I know that when I do find my Vesper Lynd, we don't have to part because my life isn't written by Iam Fleming, but by God!
No comments:
Post a Comment