Saturday, December 31, 2005
Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to read a long story.
If Thursday was a blast, I really don't know what to say about Friday! (Technically, Saturday morning in the wee hours)
It was looking like another slow Friday evening. I had taken a nap earlier, watched another episode of "24" and had my dinner. "24" is a really exciting show. I should have watched it when it was being shown the first time round.
I was playing a game on the computer and had just decided to end the game. It was just past 10:30. As I was shutting down the game, I heard an MSN alert. I wondered, "Who could this be?" As it turned out, it was Esther. She had just finished Bible study and decided to say hello.
I'm glad she and Rain have sorted out their problem. It's sad when things come between two friends but if they make up in the end, it's fabulous.
Anyway, we chatted for about 90 minutes. As midnight approached, I thought I'd take a risk and tell her what I feel about her. After all, I had been telling various people over the past 8 days that I liked her and furthermore, ever since I made that ridiculous shot yesterday in pool, I have been telling myself that sometimes you just have to "Go for it".
On top of all this, it would soon be New Year's eve. Now I know that people usually do romantic things on the night of New Year's eve, not in the early hours of New Year's eve. But I thought to myself, whatever happened, I could correctly say that it was on New Year's eve that I made my approach.
So I told her that I like her. She seemed to be a little taken aback but she didn't react either way. Instead, she asked me how long I had been having these feelings. I told her that the first time I met her, I thought that she could possibly be the one for me. So she told me that initially she only saw me as a friend. As time passed, she began to realise that perhaps I could be the one for her so she was praying about it. As it turns out, she likes me too! We chatted for another 2 hours after that as we deconstructed everything that had gone before tonight, from when we met to my visit to Hong Kong, to her leaving for the Philippines. She told me that I was the only one who remembered when she would be going to the Philippines (When we met online, I would be reminding her of the time that was left before she would leave Hong Kong.) This touched her very much as to her it showed that I really cared about her. Sometimes it's good to have an elephant's memory.
It's true! We are now courting! Or should it be "I am now courting Esther" (Is there a difference?). I am so happy! What a great New Year's eve! Thank you God for bringing Esther into my life and allowing us to know more about each other and for bringing us together! I would greatly appreciate your prayers for us as we embark on this longish-distance romance, that we will really be able to understand each other and strengthen the love that we share.
I can't stop smiling! How will I be able to sleep tonight?!
No comments:
Post a Comment