Monday, December 26, 2005

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!

Just a few updates relating to how I spent the last few days.

On Friday, I had some time before my dinner appointment with my Political Science friends. So when Luke asked me if I was free to play pool, I agreed to meet up.

I played some great pool! Unusually, my positional play was working brilliantly! I had so many shots where I had to play for position using the rails and speed control and each time I ended up perfect on the next ball. By the end of the session, I had won 9-1, an unusually one-sided scoreline.

After that, it was dinner at Whitebait and Kale. It was nice though it was a little on the expensive side. As I arrived before everyone else, I was asked if I would like to order a drink while I waited. Ended up ordering a Heineken. It was quite nice actually!

The rest arrived, and our dinner commenced. It was quite a nice dinner and we really enjoyed ourselves.

After dinner, we adjourned to Villa Bali which is next to SAJC. We shared a bottle of Merlot and played Truth or Dare. Actually, I played this game when I was in Thailand but I won't go there right now. By the end of the evening, I had found out something that I wish I had known earlier. Anyway, I guess it really doesn't matter.

That was a splendid gathering. Can't believe we hadn't met since National Day.

Christmas Eve was rather low key. I gave the evening service a miss as I didn't feel up to going. Spent the day writing Christmas cards. I really should start earlier. But it was nice anyway.

Went for Christmas day service. Weili came which was a pleasant surprise. Had breakfast with him and Nat. It was good catching up with him after so long. After breakfast, we were on our way when we found a wallet on the road. Weili and I decided to try and return it. As the wallet was wet from the rain, I cleaned it up. As I did so, we tried some of the phone numbers that we found in the wallet. We managed to get in contact with the wallet's owner and luckily for him, he was living nearby. So we met him at his estate and returned him the wallet. He was very grateful and asked us to visit him if we ever went to Beijing. That's right, the guy who lost the wallet is a China national. His student pass and reentry permit were in the wallet so it's a good thing he got it back quickly.

Went home to prepare the graduation certs for the English School graduation. I created a new design for the certificate and I must say I was pretty pleased with it.

Then it was back to church for the Thai Christmas service. It was great fun! Most of the mission trippers managed to make it to perform Khong Khwaan and the graduation went alright. This term I decided to have the teachers give the certificate to their students. Usually this is the right of the principal but I thought it would be more meaningful this way.

At dinner time, I was surprised to be given a present by the English students. I don't expect to receive gifts from them so I was really touched. It's a Thai style shirt!

Dinner was great. After dinner, I spent some time talking with Brenda. It was nice talking with her considering we haven't talked like that for a long time.

And so, Christmas 2005 has come to an end. I hope future Christmases will be as meaningful!

No comments: