Sunday, April 03, 2005

Esther flew back to Hong Kong this afternoon...

In the morning, she and Thomas (a Korean ACTI trainee) presented a song item at the 9:30 and 11:30 services... In between the services I said hello and gave her something. After the 11:30 presentation, she left for the airport. I hope she had a safe flight.

Played some pool with Luke... For the first time in a long while, I lost 2 racks in a row on last ball mistakes. Came back to win the next 4 racks with some better play with fewer mistakes.

Then it was another session of Puerto Rico with Luke, Nat and Jared. We played 3 games. In the first game, I couldn't really think straight and finished with a really low points total. But in the second game, I felt a little less melancholic and won by a point. In the third game, I stunned everyone by amassing 54 pointsto win again. There was a lot of fingerpointing, like "We should have mass produced to stop him" and "You should have done this/that". Sometime's it cool being the underdog. Then when you win it's pretty unbelievable.

After dinner, took 151 back with Weijia. Talked about her impending SEP and what she would be facing. Sometimes it's good to feel young again.

Yesterday night I attended the 21st birthday party of one of the SAJC debate team members that I coached not too long ago. It was good to see him again cos he's a good guy and has a good tactical mind. Funny thing was, most of the people he invited that I knew (from coaching) couldn't make it so I ended up standing at the bbq pit cooking for half the crowd. It was a nice experience anyway.

Got to go to school tomorrow morning. Will take a nice nap in the afternoon.

No comments: